Last week I spoke of Tanis Helliwell’s book Summer with the Leprechauns.
If you have the heart call to learn more of communicating with elementals and helping them in their work with Grandmother Earth, Mother Nature and, of course, Earth, Air, Water and Fire, reading her book is one way to begin.
I have copied her “Ten ways for Humans to Work with Elementals” from the appendix of Summer with the Leprechauns below, and I hope you’ll check out and purchase the whole book. (See it here.)
Ten Ways for Humans to Work with Elementals
- Believe in Elementals. Human belief strengthens Elementals and gives them energy.
- Be happy and enthusiastic. Elementals are not attracted to depressed, sad humans.
- Go to healthy places in nature as often as possible. Walk in forests, along the seashore, lie in a meadow, and listen to birds. Align yourself with the right vibration of the Earth and listen to what it wants. Humans raise their frequency if they do these things.
- Appreciate the beauty in nature. When humans do this elementals are attracted to you.
- Cooperate and create with nature by planting trees, growing flowers, and feeding the birds.
- Send energy to elementals who look after trees, flowers, water, and mountains to keep them healthy. Do this with joy and gratitude.
- Teach other humans to appreciate nature. Do it with love and joy and these humans will begin to understand what the Earth needs.
- Do things spontaneously; free yourself from over-planning and organizing.
- Take time every day to do nothing. Create a space in both your house and head where magic can occur.
- In order to contact an elemental, who wants to work with you, sit in a quiet natural place, close your eyes, and call this elemental to you. Listen to this elemental ; act on its suggestions and your long-term relationship will become stronger.
Listen to and communicate to the elemental who chooses You and form a strong give and take relationship.
There are a myriad of elementals. Start with the element that you are drawn to; I work with the sylphs of the air, the undines of the water and the dolphins and whales. I love the flower fairies and pixie landscape fairies. I work with tree spirits – dryads – and the devas of crystals. This has been a rewarding life-long pursuit for me, which continues.
When you listen to elementals they are often very helpful in teaching you interspecies communication with pets, animals and Humans.